This post was written by Mary Smiley, our Content Manager, and is part of our Celebrate Every Day in May series. Read more about the series…
How Did We Celebrate?
Today is Clean Up Your Room Day, and at Calendars.com we celebrated by bringing our favorite cleaning supplies and giving the office a good Spring cleaning. Cleaning may not be your idea of a celebration, but if you turn on some music, open the doors and/or windows to let in a nice breeze, and throw in some yummy refreshments, Clean Your Room Day can be a great way for co-workers to have some fun together.
15 Minute Cleanup from About.com
Today is a great day to get your kids into the habit of cleaning their rooms. Try making the process fun with music, snacks, and even a little friendly competition between siblings. With a little planning, even the messiest room can be ship-shape in about 15 minutes.
Here’s a snapshot of the 15-minute room clean at About.com.
- Grab your cleaning supplies.
- Grab all dirty clothing and put it in a hamper.
- Grab all trash and put it in the trash can.
- Make the bed.
- Grab all the clean clothes and refold or re-hang.
- Pick up all the toys from the floor, bed, desk, etc.
- Pick up all the items that don’t belong in the room and place them in a basket, box, or bag.
- Sweep and mop, or vacuum.
- Put away all of your supplies.