November 13th is World Kindness Day! Introduced by the World Kindness Movement in the ’90s, this holiday is really spreading around the world. It’s observed in several countries, such as Canada, Japan, Australia, Nigeria, and United Arab Emirates.
The purpose of this holiday is to spread a positive energy in the community by performing good deeds and focusing on the kindness within each of us.
What can you do? Well, anything. Kindness isn’t only a big gesture and it doesn’t cost a lot of money. Listed below are some easy ideas for random acts of kindness you can do today.
1. Send a genuine compliment to three people right now. You can use Twitter, Facebook, SMS or any messaging platform you want. Make it worth it, really tell them what you think and how special they are!
2. Offer a homeless person your leftovers bag from the restaurant. Or, better yet, stop and buy them a meal. A nice, hot meal can bring about the largest of smiles to someones face.
3. Let someone into your lane or let the person behind you at the supermarket go ahead. You’re not in that much of a rush and you’ve just made their day.
4. Give someone a hug. Better still, give 15 hugs today. Yes, this is for others but you’ll be surprised at how amazing it makes you feel.
5. Sincerely compliment your boss. Sometime