December 18 is Bake Cookies Day!
In the midst of the holiday season, today is the perfect day to escape from your holiday stress and that winter weather, and spend your day in a warm kitchen baking sweet treats!
Though the origin of this day remains unknown, the origin of the cookie dates back to Persia in 7th century AD after the use of sugar became more prevalent. The cookie quickly spread through Europe and then to America because of the popularity of global travel, and the treat’s easy traveling capabilities.
Spend the day baking cookies and trying new recipes. Better yet, host a cookie exchange with your friends. A cookie exchange is a great way to find new recipes (and indulge in even more new delicious sweets).
Looking for new cookie recipes? Browse through the recipes below!
- Christmas Cookies by Taste of Home
- Christmas Cookies by Hershey’s
- Betty Crocker’s Top 100 Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Christmas Cookie Recipes by Allrecipes.com
Or, be healthy and make over your cookies!
- “The Art of Low-Fat Baking” from Cookinglight.com
- Healthy Recipe Makeovers from Mayo Clinic
- “Healthy Christmas Cookie Makeovers” from Livestrong.com
- Heart-Healthy Cookie Recipes from Hearthealthyonline.com