March 22 is National Goof Off Day! Today should be a day of no work, and all play! Let go of your responsibilities and embrace a life of carefree silliness.
We’re not sure who created this brilliant holiday, but we love them regardless. Have you been hard at work with your eyes burning from being glued to a computer screen or has your nose buried in a textbook? Have you spent hours doing demanding physical labor? Have you been sitting in an office, a classroom, or a library for just a tad too long? Whatever stress your job or life entails, it’s time to let go of it all and do something completely irresponsible, but 100% fun! You deserve a day to unwind and act silly, irrational, and do something that will amuse your tired self.
What can you do on this, the goofiest of days? We’ve come up with a little list for you!
- If you’re at work or school, goof off by playing a practical joke or prank on one of your classmates or co-workers! Just make sure they know it’s all in good fun.
- Instead of straining your eyes doing work on your computer, why not take some time out to play a computer game? You can find TONS here!
- Is that textbook you’re studying a total snooze fest? While you’re at the library, why not pick up something to read for pleasure instead? There’s nothing better than diving into a great new book!
- Sitting inside all the time can be stuffy and confining – venture outside today! Go to your favorite park, take a walk, or even a bike ride around your favorite parts of the city you live in.
- If you’re getting a little too tired of the town or city you live in, talk some of your best friends to going on a day trip to another nearby town or city with you, or take a nice relaxing drive to somewhere new on your own.
- Don’t just limit yourself to the car either – take a train, plane, or even boat to somewhere new!
These are just a few suggestions, and we’re sure there’s plenty more you’ve been wanting to do today stored up in your brain. Sift through those stored away fun times, and let loose! There is no better day than today to let your inner wild child loose!