This month we’ll be doing a four part series on how to reuse and recycle your old calendars! Part one of our series will focus on practical every day uses for your old calendars. We’ve compiled a short list to inspire you to hold on to those old calendars instead of chucking them in the garbage can at the end of the year.
Use your old desk calendar as a recipe holder in your kitchen or convert it into a picture stand. Desk calendars are made to stand up on their own, so by adding a small dowel rod to the bottom with glue, you can make it the perfect holder for your recipe cards or for photos of your family and friends.
- Renew your old monthly calendars with nail polish or white out. Simply paint over the days of the week at the top of the calendar, look up a calendar for the current year and write over the paint with the correct day.
- Old calendars make great chore or reward charts for your kids. If you have any calendars that still have blank space, you can write down daily chores for your children or mark days with stickers in which children do something to be proud of. This will help encourage good behavior in your little one!
- Cut your old calendars and fold them into envelopes. Old calendars, especially those with great artwork can make very decorative and creative looking envelopes.
- If you plan ahead, you can look up a perpetual calendar and use your calendar again on a year which will have the same schedule. For example 2013 calendars will have the same dates as 2019 and 2030.
- Rather than spending money on cabinet and drawer liner, why not use old calendars as liner?
- Pictures from old calendars can be cut out and laminated and used to put under things like kitchen appliances and plants to help keep your counter tops and floors clean.
Stay tuned for the rest of November to see more of our “How to Reuse Your Old Calendars” series.
What do you want to see?
- Calendar Crafts
- Calendar News
- Calendar Reviews
- Calendar Thoughts
- Community Outreach
- Flip Day
- Food Holidays
- Meet an Artist
- Nature Holidays
- New Products
- Official Holidays
- Site News
- Team Spotlight
- Unofficial Holidays
- Weird Holidays