Smiles make the world a happy place.
Facts about smiling:
1. Smiling can put you in a good mood – studies have shown that even if you’re in a bad mood that smiling will instantly lift your mood.
2. Smiling can improve your health – Your body is more relaxed when you smile which contributes to better health and a stronger immune system
3. Smiles are contagious – people really do have trouble maintaining their frowns when looking at others who are smiling
4. Smiles relieve stress – when you smile the muscles in your face are pulled and this activity triggers something in the brain that releases endorphins. Endorphins are natural pain killers and help to relieve stress
5. Smiles are universal signs of happiness – Smiling is known the world around as a sign of happiness and acceptance
6. Babies are born with the ability to smile – Most doctors say that real smiles occur when babies are awake at about four to six weeks but babies start smiling in their sleep as soon as they are born.
How to celebrate?
Smile at everyone you see all day long.
Have a “Biggest Smile Contest” at work or home.
Use some paint and paper plates to make smiley faces
Use your power today and make your own day AND someone else’s, SMILE!
Read more about Smile Power Day.